Another Houseware’s Show has come to an end. The show continues on today but I am back in the land of suburbia watching the beautiful snow fall.
I will end my series of Show blogs with some final thoughts and a glimpse of blogs to come…
- Color – The overarching trend of the show continues to be color. Color everywhere. From the can opener to the fry pan. While this is not a new trend in kitchenware, it has been around for the last five years or so, it still never ceases to amaze me. It is eye-catching. It’s fun. It’s limitless. The two colors that really jumped out at me this year was yellow and green. Think lemons and emerald-green (Pantone color of the year by the way). So fresh and quite honestly, it made me happy looking at it.
- Old is new – Much to my delight, vintage ‘looking’ is everywhere. Mad Men-esque if you will. Vintage colors (ala MincedReviews look and feel). Vintage styling. I couldn’t get enough of it. I was drawn to it all!
Elite Americana Collection
Good Cook Sprinkles Bakeware
The Cake Boss!
- Family – Another common thread continued to be products that had the mission of making moments together as a family easier. From Wilton to Duff Goldman to The Cake Boss. Fun, inspiring, easy to use products that would help you create fun edible projects with your children. As I test some of these products in the coming weeks with the boys, I will blog what worked, what didn’t and help you find where to buy all the good stuff so that you can start on the family fun too!
- Eco – There is still a push towards ‘eco-friendly’ interiors. Ceramic fry pans were EVERYWHERE. Ceramic hit the show last year in a small way and this year become the year of the ceramic pan. The jury is still out for me on ceramic. I have a ceramic fry pan. I do use it occasionally but I have had my reservations about this trend for while. After meeting with nonstick leader DuPont yesterday, I am even more compelled to research ceramic further . I will be doing a blog on all fry pan interiors in the next couple of weeks.
IMUSA Ceramic Fry Pans
- Favorite Products (at first glance) – I say at first glance because I do not like recommending a product without trying it first.
– The Top Chef Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set w/Graters, Slicers and Lid. With its silicone bottom and interchangeable blades for the bowl cover, this is a unique, functional product that I am incredibly excited to buy/try.
Top Chef Stainless Steel Bowl w/Interchangeable Blades
-Treat Pops by Wilton. These fun little tubes of endless possibility are so flippin’ cute. With every sprinkle and cake dec. that you could imagine, you really could let your imagination run wild. Such a fun activity to do with your children, surprise them with these instead of cake, use for a baby shower, bridal shower… the list could go on and on. Check out these pics!
– The Cake Boss Cake Carrier- How cute are these!!! No more bulky plastic. These are made of a light weight metal with a locking lid. Plus, they have my essential retro vibe requirement. Sigh. When can I buy these? Not sure I can wait until Fall 2013.
In the coming weeks, I will get into the details of my most favorite finds at this years show. I am going to be testing a few products and giving you feedback. So… more to come.
I, admittedly, am a kitchenware geek and borderline obssesive foodie so the last three days have been a slice of heaven for me (well, for all of me minus my feet). Until next year….