At long last, we are ONE day away from Thanksgiving!! I hope that you are all ready, the turkey is thawed and you are ready to cook! I didn’t want to end my Thanksgiving tips and tricks week without a blog about desserts.
So here goes…. here are my a few of my favorite recipes (click on the recipe name to get to the recipe):
1. Pumpkin Pie! Of course pumpkin pie has to be at the top of the list! This is, by far, my favorite pumpkin pie recipe! This recipe, from AllRecipes is for a classic pumpkin pie. The only change that I make is that I omit the ginger (not a fan) and add a little pumpkin spice seasoning. I love an intense pumpkin flavor. Top with whip cream! Delicious!
2. Pecan Pie What would a Thanksgiving be without a good pecan pie. I like the recipe (from the Pioneer Woman) because it is a traditional pumpkin pie. No bells. No whistles. Just good old-fashioned pecan pie. and really do we need an extravagant pecan pie??
3. Butter Cake.. My Mom loved to make this recipe! I do attempt to make this at least once a year. It is tough. It takes work. If the pumpkin cake cracks when rolling, I usually just use the frosting to help cover it. You want to roll very slow. If you can pull this off though, it looks very impressive. 🙂
4. Butter Cake . Aaahh. Butter cake. Gooey yummy butter cake. This is one of Paula Deen‘s best recipes. If you have not ever had this, you simply have to make this. Wow. I do not alter this recipe in any way. Really not sure what else to say. Cook it!
5. Waldorf Salad Waldorf salad seems to be an acquired taste but I love it!! This is my basic tried and true recipe. A dessert table without a bowl of Waldorf salad just seems incomplete.
6. Apple Pie – Okay, I know I should include an apple pie recipe but I just don’t dig apple pie. I don’t want to lead you astray. I can’t recommend a recipe that I haven’t tried. So…if you have an apple pie recipe that you would like to share, please do.
Also, I found THE best step by step directions to the perfect pie crust on the Pioneer Woman’s site. Click on the link below for tips on how to make the perfect crust. There are even pictures for every step.
This is just a sampling of the many, many desserts that are perfect for Thanksgiving but I need to end this short and get baking. Oh wait, we are at a water park right now. No baking for me today. Just water slides 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!