Happy ‘almost’ Thanksgiving! As with the Halloween recipes that I posted last month, I am continuing my quest for a tasty Holiday season for all of you. Today we are going to start at the beginning…. Appetizers.
- Jalepeno Popper Dip– This recipe is soooo good, easy and can be made ahead of time. Need I say more? Well, sort of… **note I put this in my mini-crockpot to keep warm and have served with pita chips and tortilla chips. Both were equally good. Well, any chip/cracker will really just end up serving as a vehicle for this amazing little dip. They don’t matter. Just the dip. 🙂
- Fruit Salsa – This recipe is one of the top apps on All Recipes. Every single time that I have made this, someone has asked me for the recipe. It is always a hit. It is a fresh, lighter than most other appetizers, recipe. You could tailor this recipe to fit whatever fruits are in season but I don’t usually deviate too much from the recipe. Also, this recipe does call for making your own cinnamon tortilla chips. It’s simply not worth the effort for me personally. I buy Stacy’s Cinnamon Pita Chips and they work perfectly. (**note- more often than not, Stacy’s pita chips are somewhere in or near the produce section. They are rarely in the chip aisle)
- Goat Cheese with Fresh Dill – Two steps. Done and done. I adore goat cheese. I especially adore this recipe by The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. I love this recipe because you really need to balance easy and complex appetizers so that you aren’t going crazy trying to do too much. This for sure falls into the ‘easy’ category.
- Mini Florentine Cups – This is a simple, cheap recipe from Kraft. I made this years ago and it’s always a hit.
- Caprese Appetizer – Love, love, love Carprese in general. Love the portability of these. You and your guests (note that I said ‘you’, you need to enjoy your yummy appetizers too!). Again, another easy recipe that you don’t have to spend a ton of time on but looks like you did. 🙂
- Individual Seven-Layer Dips – I haven’t made these yet but saw them on Pinterest and thought they were brilliant!