In the world of colanders there has been some pretty fun stuff happening. Shape. Usage. Design. Color. Size. The main goal has remained the same…. straining. Lucky for us kitchenware companies saw beyond that.
I have a ridiculous amount of colanders. Admittedly. you can realistically get away with two main colanders. A larger one and a smaller fine mesh strainer for finer foods. But who wants to stop there? Not me and hopefully not you after seeing these.
- Mini Colander -Perfect for pints of berries or for straining cans of veggies.
- Collapsible Colander – Love these! I love anything that smooshes down and is easily stored. Dishwasher safe. What more you could you ask for?
- Expandable Colander – These are great for straining pastas or rinsing fruits and vegetables! They expand to fit most sinks and come in collapsible versions or standard versions. I personally love the collapsible ones because I am all about easy storage solutions.
- Fine Mesh Strainer – Great for straining smaller food or sauces.
- Colorful colanders – Fun, fun colors. Honestly, don’t these fun colors just brighten up you day? or am I really a Kitchenware loving dork? Both?
- Traditional Colanders – There is something to said for tradition. These are the tried and true stainless colanders that have been around for generations. Plus, they look great hanging in a kitchen as decor.
- Pot Strainer– These are great! They are for straining directly from the pot without adding an entire strainer to your dishwashing pile. Genius!
I hope you feel inspired to go shopping for a new strainer. Get rid of any rusty ones, broken ones, ugly ones. Go get something that will inspire you to cook! or inspire you to buy fresh fruits and veggies (just so you can rinse them in your cute new colander).
Happy Straining everyone!